StFX Innovation and Enterprise Centre’s DiscoverBox would like to contribute and grow the ongoing innovation and creativity of StFX students!
Now more than ever we need to foster the entrepreneurial spirit on campus and provide students with the opportunity to start and grow projects that address community-focused solutions.
StFX students who receive an Xaverian Innovation and Entrepreneurs Micro-Grant will be guided by DiscoverBox through problem definition to ideation, business development, testing and explore market entry. We will provide the foundational skills which students will apply to their business.
DiscoverBox is offering eight Xaverian Innovation and Entrepreneurs Micro-Grants of $2500* for winter term of 2023.
– Full time StFX student
– Attend a weekly workshop (remote).
– All work must be done remotely and should involve a faculty mentor.
– Commit 150 hours of work towards your project.
– Meet with DiscoverBox staff on regular basis.
– During a special session in April 2023, students will be invited to pitch (virtually) their ideas and progress of their projects.
By January 16, 2023, please send us a 750-word description that outlines your project, describing the problem you are addressing. In the application please identify your year and program of study, and attach a timeline of project that outlines how you will spend the 150 hours.
Email your applications to: email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed and winners awarded by January 20, 2023.
*Each grant pays $2,500 for 150 hours of work. Work is to be done remotely and flexible schedule can be agreed upon.