Through the generous support of the Wallace Family Entrepreneurship Fund, students who have an enterprise idea and who are interested in starting a new venture, developing a new prototype, or applying innovative approaches to a particular product or service are encouraged to apply for a summer internship.
Interns receive coaching and assistance from StFX staff and faculty mentors and engage in learning activities that help them explore and develop an enterprise venture.
StFX is pleased to provide students with a self-directed learning experience that helps strengthen entrepreneurial skills through the exploration and development of their own innovative enterprise endeavor. The StFX Innovation and Enterprise Centre’s DiscoverBox administers the internships, and provides services and oversight to the students selected.
For the 2022 cohort, there are four (4) internships available via the Wallace Family Entrepreneurship Fund and an additional four (4) internships available via the DiscoverBox Entrepreneurship Fund, which is sponsored by Nova Scotia’s Department of Labour, Skills, and Immigration.
The internships are worth up to $6000 each or $10,000 for a team, for students enrolled in full-time study at StFX. The internships support full-time employment for StFX students for a 12 week period during the summer (April-July).
Details regarding the Wallace Family Internship and the current application process can be accessed here: Wallace Family Internship Application 2022
As part of the application process, the top applicants will also be required to pitch their idea via our Pitch Event on March 10th, 2022. The five minute pitch will be assessed by the evaluation committee and used in awarding the internships. Further information about the pitch requirements will be provided to the eight selected applicants.
2022 Internships – Key Dates
- January 24th, 2022 – Applications Open
- February 3rd, 2022 | 5:30-6:00 PM – Q&A Information Session via Zoom – To connect to this session, please CLICK HERE.
- February 11th, 2022 | 4:00 PM – Deadline for Applications
- February 25th, 2022 – Applications advancing to pitch will be announced (via email and social media at 12:00pm).
- March 2nd, 2022 | 5:30-7:00 PM – Best Pitch Practice Workshop (location TBD)
- March 10th, 2022 | 5:30-8:30 PM – Pitch Event (location TBD)
- March 11th, 2022 | 12:00 PM – 2022 Wallace Family Interns will be announced (via email and social media).
- April 24th – April 29th, 2022 – Selected applicants will be attending a one-week Creativity Bootcamp in Truro – complete attendance is mandatory. All expenses will be covered.
- April 25th, 2022 – Internships officially begin.
- July 15th 2022 – Internships officially end.
If you require further information regarding this opportunity, please contact: email@example.com